‘The End’

That’s it then.

Three months, two weeks – 97,000 words.

First draft, done.

I feel as though I’ve just ended a very intense affair with a whole bunch of really amazing people.

Fictional or not, I’ve bled with them, laughed and cried with them. Some I didn’t treat very well, some I even killed.

And if that’s not love, I don’t know what is.

38 comments on “‘The End’

1. Wonderful news, and congratulations, Widds!

2. Great news and quite an achievement. Well done

3. quiall says:

Gratulations! Sit down, put your feet up and toast yourself. You are worth it.

4. M.E. Garber says:

Congratulations! Even WP knows to let me “like” this one!

5. Very exciting!

6. Ellen Hawley says:

Congratulations!

7. First, enjoy.

You know what to do after that – it’s all hard work.

But first, enjoy.

8. selizabryangmailcom says:

Yeah, especially the killing part. Bwah-hah-hah-hah! Just kidding.
    Congrats, tho, on completion. There’s almost nothing better. I’m always reassured that goals are within reach still and creativity hasn’t expired. 🙂

9. Good for you! It must be a relief to have it nailed down. I find the initial creation of the text to be the biggest challenge. After that, you just have to perfect it. 😀

10. Congrats on the draft! I love it that we get so connected to our characters. I love finishing a first draft despite that little feeling of loss that the story is done.

11. TanGental says:

We who write live a strange world where confessing to murder triggers string of congrats. But well done on whatever appalling ends you’ve put your family through. And remember to forensically clean your computer so the word police can’t pin that first draft on you. Well done too….

12. Yay! Way to go!

13. Congrats!! I know that feeling of leaving friends (and perhaps foes) when you finish a manuscript. It’s amazing how vivid they and their worlds become to us writers. But now that it’s written, you can visit them anytime! 🙂

14. acflory says:

‘If that’s not love, I don’t know what is’….LMAO!

Having killed off a few imaginary friends of my own, I know exactly what you mean. Congratulations, Widds. That really was an amazing effort. -hugs-

I’m starting my re-read-through, this week to refresh my memory of all the little moments I’ve forgotten along the way.. I’m very impressed with it so far, 😀 … making copious quantities of notes, picking up threads that will need to be woven in to the next book …
      … I decided today that I would just pick up the next book where this one ended. I’m even going to use the last line of this book to start the next one – at least for now, who knows what the future holds! 😀