Have you ever … A Lesson in Gastronomy …

… licked your fingertip and picked the crumbs off your plate because 1 – you’re an adult now and you just can and 2 – you know that the crumbs of what you just ate contain the distilled essence of all that is good and fine in the world?

Nah, me neither.

Shortbread - shorts, or breads, or cookies?

Shortbread – shorts, or breads, or cookies?

Ginger Snaps ... before and after

Ginger Snaps … before and after

Mrs Widds cuts the mincemeat with apple - means you can have more than one, even if you're not doing quality control

Mrs Widds cuts the mincemeat with apple – means you can have more than one, even if you’re not doing quality control

AllysNotebook Ginger Ale fruitcake recipe - still warm from the oven

AllysNotebook Ginger Ale fruitcake recipe – still warm from the oven

28 comments on “Have you ever … A Lesson in Gastronomy …

1. Oh bloody hell – this cooking is making me hungry 😂looks great

2. Wow! Whole lotta baking going on!

3. Sue Vincent says:

Want a lodger? 😉

4. Ah! So that’s the secret – you have to lick your fingers. I’ll get more up next time. Impressive baking.

5. jenanita01 says:

A timely reminder that it could be time I start cooking!

6. quiall says:

Salivating and thinking of crumbs . . . sigh . . .

7. Jay says:

I’m actually not very crumby.

Heh, heh, heh 😀 … I see what you did there! 😀 … however, I’m sure you are ‘the distilled essence of all that is good and fine in the world’. 😀

8. Droooooooool. Gingerale fruit cake. I’m looking that one up.

9. selizabryangmailcom says:

Baking is like drinking (drinking in moderation, of course!)….. the universal balm.
    Just looking at the finished product makes me feel warm inside.

10. Eliza Waters says: