Glorious Sunbeams, and a Sale

The snow’s almost gone, except in the shady areas where it’s still as solid as … ice!.

Our compost bins have finally thawed out so I went to empty one of them yesterday, (I rotate between three big plastic garbage cans) and came across a huge clump of worms huddled together near the bottom. Feeling like an immanent mass-murderer I hurriedly buried them in the deepest part of the open compost pile and scuttled away feeling terribly guilty. I think they’ll be fine, once they get over the shock, and will have much more room there than in the bin that’s for sure.

We’re having a lovely stretch of bright sunny days and shivery-cold nights, and one of the benefits of us both being self-employed is that we can take time out of each day and absorb some of the glorious beams that grace the garden after midday, so long as we avoid the shadows. They’re cold.

The Wintertree ... waiting, waiting, for Spring

The Wintertree … waiting, waiting, for Spring

-oOo-

In other news, Smashwords is having its annual Read an Ebook Week Sale, from today, 3rd March, until the 9th March 2019, so I’ve added Prelude to the list. It’s on sale for $3USD for the next seven days.

18 comments on “Glorious Sunbeams, and a Sale

1. TanGental says:

here’s to some warmth…

We’re like those high-speed videos you see of cats following the sunshine across the floor, changing the position of our chairs to avoid the wind, which has quite a nasty bite to it, and avoiding the encroaching tree shadows. πŸ˜€

2. The sun is great, isn’t it? Even if it’s cold. And I get big clumps of worms, so I know what you’re talking about. Ugh, but so good for the garden. πŸ™‚ Good luck on your Smashwords sale too!

I checked on them today. A few unlucky ones didn’t make it, but they’ll be food for the birds, or compost themselves, so I don’t feel so bad.
      I hope the sale goes well too. πŸ˜€

3. I envy you your thaw. We’ve had some sun, but no warmth to speak of. Now the 12-ish inches of standing snow is all glazed with ice. Gonna be an ugly mess when the melt comes. But it’s nice to have seasons.

4. jenanita01 says:

Just seen the Freya storm off, she was all wind but no teeth! Hopefully, the weather will settle down now and get cracking on the Spring front!

5. I wish you well with the sale

6. selizabryangmailcom says:

Lol, the Dalai Lama would be pleased with your worm efforts! (Remember Seven Years in Tibet?)

7. Great to hear your getting more sun bubbles. We are, too. Yesterday we noticed that it was still light out at a quarter to 6.
    I don’t like it when I’m digging and worms pop out of the ground. I think I may have hurt a few.

8. Admin says: