A Star Is Born, Trailer

I’ve seen every movie iteration of A Star Is Born …

1937 – Starring Janet Gaynor, and Fredrick March. (very melodramatic)

1954 – Starring Judy Garland, and James Mason. (my all-time all-singing, all-dancing, favourite)

1976 – Starring Barbra Streisand, and Kris Kristofferson. (this one I saw in a cinema on opening night – big Barbra fan here) and a very close runner-up to Judy’s version. I’ve always wanted a fireplace like the one in their house.

… and now, there’s another one, Starring Lady Gaga, and Bradley Cooper. (an unlikely paring you could get)

I just watched the trailer … and you know what, it’s not half bad. 🙂

18 comments on “A Star Is Born, Trailer

1. bone&silver says:

Ooh, that looks good! I like both of them… I’ll have to keep my eye out for it here 🙂 And must confess I haven’t seen any of the old ones :/
    *hangs head

2. Looks good. My estimation of both Cooper and Lady Gaga have gone up based on the trailer. I only remember seeing the version with Judy Garland.

I’ve never been a Bradley fan. I’ve liked some of his movies but nothing really connected. We’ll see how he does in this one.
      And as for Judy’s version? – Pure perfection! 😀

3. jenanita01 says:

I see what you mean! But they seem to work well together, and did I see an old friend in their? I only know him as Sam, but have loved him for years!

4. jamieayres says:

Never seen the old versions, but this new one looks interesting!

5. That does look pretty good. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

6. Olga Godim says:

Fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

7. Jay says:

I’m so partial to Babs, I’m not sure I can handle this one.