The Jester Trees

I went for a walk the other day to clear my head from the dross left inside it by all the writerly stuff I’ve been doing lately. Not complaining, mind you, but I think I’ve written more this year than I did for the whole of 2017.

As I ambled along the road I spied another consequence of our destructive December ice storm, this time a formerly stately five meter high hedge had paid the price.

These venerable trees now looked as though they had thrown their dignity into the ethers and taken on new identities as jester hats.

No more conformity for us!

No more conformity for us!

An uncanny resemblance …

25 comments on “The Jester Trees

1. Poor trees. They do look a little wonky.

2. I wonder if they’ll pop back up when the weather gets better.

We’ll see when Spring finally sticks around for more than a few hours at a time and all the saps starts rising. 🙂 … although they do have a kind of rakish charm to them, but the property owner is probably not as impressed as I am. 🙂

3. The heavy snow is hard on the evergreens.

4. Roda says:

Very fun!!

5. I would hope that they will perk up

6. Suzanne says:

They don’t really look like trees anymore. You must have been getting some really wild weather.

7. Olga Godim says:

That is some hedge! I wish they wouldn’t bounce back. This way, they would be the most original hedge in Canada.

8. Jay says:

I hope they recover. They do look rather downtrodden.

9. Oh my. They look like the actually h.u.r.t.

10. Kalpanaa says:

That poor hedge does look rather like a jester’s hat. Maybe it’ll lift its head later.

Hi there, Kalpanaa … welcome to my little bit of the blog-O-Sphere. 🙂 … if spring ever gets here I think they’ll start growing upwards again, albeit with a kink or two. 🙂

11. Roxie says:

Sad faces on those! Hope they pop back up, smiling in the sunshine soon.