The Original ‘Stargate’ Movie Free-to-watch

To build interest in the new webseries in the ‘Stargate’ universe, ‘Origins‘ (I know, another prequel – but it looks like fun anyway, and it’s only 10, ten- minute episodes) the original movie is playing now on YouTube.

I have no idea how long it’ll be around, so if you’ve got two free hours on a rainy evening, this might just be your cuppa tea.

… and this is the trailer for ‘Origins’

17 comments on “The Original ‘Stargate’ Movie Free-to-watch

1. Roda says:

I love the original movie!

2. Olga Godim says:

I’m going to watch the movie some time later. Thanks for posting it. I liked the old series, especially Richard Dean Anderson. And I do love the trailer of the new series, although my son has a theory about trailers. He said that when a trailer is good, the movie or series is always bad. Perhaps I’ll test his assumption with this one.

I enjoyed the original series too 🙂 … my pet peeve about trailers is they give away too much of the movie’s major plot points, especially when there’s a ‘teaser’ for the teaser trailer, then the teaser trailer itself, then half a dozen trailers, and a slew of ‘featurettes. By the time the movies is actually released, people are either too wired up by the hype or are so tired of the whole thing they don’t want to go near it.
      I fall into the latter category, which is why I only watch the first ‘official’ trailer then ignore everything else.

3. The Husband is a fan. I’ll let him know. Thanks!

4. Oh good. I never saw the original, and I like sci-fi. The hubs is excited about it too. 🙂

5. Jay says:

Thanks for the head’s up. I think I watched this in history class once. Weird, now that I think about it, but we weren’t complaining then!

6. acflory says:

You little ripper! I saw Stargate when it first came out and I wasn’t sure if it was the same movie. But it is! Thank you, thank you…watching it right now. 🙂

7. I am a huge Stargate fan! I’m interested to see Origins, but I can’t figure out how to watch it. Do I need the app? I’ve been watching SG-1 on Hulu, but I haven’t seen the movie in ages. I will let hubby know it’s available on YouTube. Hopefully we can pop some popcorn and curl up and watch it soon!

Well, bugger … looks like they’ve already taken it off of YouTube. 😦 … that was all kinds of stupid …
      If you google ‘Stargate Command’ and go to the website you can sign up and at least see ‘origins’ there … to watch the movie you might have to access less, ahem, salubrious corners of the interwebz to watch it now.
      The cineplex store store.cineplex.com has it as a rental but that might just be in Canada, where I live.