The Summer Tree

Since I got over my ‘chitis (bronchitis) I’ve been doing battle with one Dreaded Lurgy after another … however, today is Summer Solstice and the World has changed. (and may all my lurgys be behind me)

What a difference a few months makes.

The Winter Tree

… and … today, there’s a soft wind blowing, fat fluffy clouds (not the rainy kind – at last) scud overhead, and the sky is a brilliant blue.

The Summer Tree

The Summer Tree

32 comments on “The Summer Tree

1. jenanita01 says:

Glad you’re feeling better, and that your tree has suffered no ill effects from all that snow…

2. Long may the fluffy clouds and brilliant sun last and may the lurgies never return!

3. Sue Vincent says:

Glad you are healing, and may all the lurgys stay well away.
    A blessed solstice to you and yours.

4. This is what we wait for. Finally! Glad you’re feeling better and the sun’s out!

5. Olga Godim says:

The last winter (and spring) was a very long, cold and wet season in BC. Hopefully, the coming summer would be equally long and somewhat warmer. Much warmer.

But not too warm, cos then we’ll all start grumbling about how hot it is! 😀

This was my first winter here (13 years) where I actually experienced snow on the ground for more than a week. It was an experience, that’s for sure. 😀

6. Did your rosemary survive the winter? Glad to hear you did. 😊

7. Trees are miracles in my mind. I love the magicalness of them.

8. Widdershins says:

Me too. 🙂 … when we first moved here the owner of the property was of a mind to do a radical prune when we intervened.

He was one of those owners of rental properties who can’t stand a leaf out of place … and I suspect he interpreted the fact that we were two ‘ladies of a certain age’ meant we were unable to do the gardening.

We quickly disabused him of both the notion of pruning the tree and wandering into our garden whenever he felt like it to rake some leaves or pull a few weeds.

I doubt he’d ever met women like us before. 🙂

9. Helen Jones says:

This is lovely! Happy (slightly belated) Solstice, and may all your lurgys be behind you now 🙂

10. Jay says:

Summer trees all around, please!

11. Your post reminded me of The Giving Tree! May nature give you everything you need for healing!

Never Give Up
    Joan

12. Stay well, I love your tree preferably in sunshine too! The snow version looks good too but only if I’m indoors and eating my Christmas donner!