Revenge of the Snow Shoveler

Anyone who’s spent a couple of winters with me on this blog knows I go a little squirrely when it snows. This year is no exception.

Day 1 … Keep an eye on our poor rosemary bush

About 20 centimeters deep

About 20 centimeters deep

Day 2 … This is after digging poor Rosemary out twice

Upwards of 40 centimeters

Upwards of 40 centimeters

Day 3 … More snow

This was a few days ago. Now it looks like a skating riink

This was a few days ago. Now it looks like a skating riink

Day 4 … Rhodo snowcones

I don't think they appreciated my glee at their predicament

I don’t think they appreciated my glee at their predicament

Finally … Just so you know, I would never do this … really …

30 comments on “Revenge of the Snow Shoveler

1. A.S. Akkalon says:

I love snow! Can I have some of yours? It’s so beautiful.

2. Su-sieee! Mac says:

The best laugh I’ve had in days. Thank you!!! I could be tempted to create a maze of a path, if I were tempted to ever be in a place that cold.

3. You really didn’t mean to give us ideas, did you?

4. (-: I’m jealous that you can overwinter your rosemary. I have mine in a big pot that I drag inside (now going on four years, I think) and I love the tiny little flowers that bloom in January. Sweet, yet they taste like rosemary. I tend to forget to water stuff, so sometimes we experience mass extinctions at our house, and I always feel a bit sad about that.

5. jenanita01 says:

I wanted a little bit of snow for Christmas, and your post supplied that in style. Here’s hoping you have a great Christmas …

6. That’s a lot of snow, hope your rosemary bush survives!

7. Good luck with your snow. The video is hilarious

8. Great video — thanks for sharing!

9. Olga Godim says:

This is an unusually long stretch of snow and cold in BC. Maybe it will finally kill the pine beetles. The video is hilarious! Thank you.

I hope so, but I fear it’s only a blip. I read the other day that we have this arctic outflow because the Arctic is 10-20 degrees warmer than normal, (whatever ‘normal’ is these days) which is pushing the jet stream south, bringing the (relatively) cold air into our backyards. Those beetles will just go into hibernation and wait for Summer.

10. Snow is beautiful (in manageable amounts! ) we haven’t had any snow yet but am hoping it snows at least a couple times this winter. That video was funny. Amusing how many people seemed to follow the path without really paying attention πŸ™‚

11. Jay says:

Ugh, snow. Sean went out to shovel last night, and he went to move his car out of the way to snow blow, but then the car got stuck half in-half out of the drive way and it took over an hour to get it out (plus a kind neighbour’s help). What a pain. What a constant pain.

12. Bun Karyudo says:

Alas, poor Rosemary bush! I loved the video, by the way. I was surprised by how doggedly some people stuck to the path no matter where it went.