New Toy

Early Christmas present, from us, to us.

Plays 33's, 45's, and 78's

Plays 33’s, 45’s, and 78’s

***

These, and many more, have been travelling with us, separately and together, for more than forty years. And there are some we have absolutely no idea from whence they came.

At last, our voices can be heard!

At last, our voices can be heard!

We are currently working our way through a Readers Digest boxed set of The Very Best of Mantovani … sipping tea, eating some of the early shortbread cookies Mrs Widds baked yesterday, and waiting for the snow to start falling outside.

25 comments on “New Toy

1. LOVE the record player. What a fun start to the hols! Enjoy…

2. Kris says:

Ah, brings back memories… Here is the story behind Nipper, the little fox terrier on the “His Master’s Voice” trademark http://www.designboom.com/history/nipper.html

3. M.E. Garber says:

It sounds divine! I’ll sip my tea and pretend I’m with you both, enjoying the music. So long as you don’t play the 33s at 78!

4. I have ONE box of them – and our turntable doesn’t work. Sigh.

My mom has just such a device. πŸ˜‰

I think we have no records of any sort now, so we don’t need one, but it is lovely.

6. Sweet! Your day sounds wonderful. I kinda wish we hadn’t got rid of the Husband’s stereo system years ago. Or all of our records.

We’ve been talking for years about either getting all the albums onto CD’s or buying a player. It’s only been a recent thing that there’s been a decent range of fairly inexpensive record players to choose from.

7. Congrats on your new toy! Yay! And enjoy the tea and cookies. πŸ™‚

8. BunKaryudo says:

A record player! Takes me back. I can even imagine the Mantovani collection! My father was a big fan. I lived out much of my childhood to a lush orchestral soundtrack.

9. We’re going to do the exact same thing for ourselves for Christmas. I’ve been craving the soft crackle of the needle settling into the vinyl lately, and the records that are currently stashed in my parents basement.

10. Wow, that looks beautiful!

Love the record player! Reminds me of childhood… before the new technology of cassette tapes tossed us into the future πŸ™‚ Funny thing, my parents still have a shelf of records but haven’t had a player for many years.