It Might Be Spring

Our little cottage on Widder Island smells of fresh baked bread, (I’m thinking of starting an irregular series of posts called ‘Mrs Widds Bakes’!) and fresh cut grass.

The rain has stopped long enough for our front lake to revert to a yard and there’s even bits of blue sky floating among the tumbling clouds. (I do have my doubts about those blue bits though)

There’s a tray of large-cut veggies baking in the oven. (liberally seasoned with our own version of cajun seasoning)

I’ve managed to write a couple’a hundred words for the first book in my ‘Prime Species’ series, Bel and the Knight Whiskey Runners. (aka Lesbians in Spaaaaace)

Bel's Cover Art via Pulp-O-Mizer

Bel’s Cover Art

My lungs are still not up to a lot of exertion or evening air so I’m winding down my day with a smile on my face. (days like this one are to be treasured, savoured, marrow-sucked even, ‘cos who knows what tomorrow will bring)

I wish you a day like today, wherever you are in the world and whatever you are doing. 🙂

***   ***

For your viewing pleasure … courtesy of the folk at io9:

18 comments on “It Might Be Spring

1. Love the cover. Those oven-baked veggies sound good.

2. Mrs. Widds Bakes, yes, most definitely!

3. M.E. Garber says:

“Front lake reverts to a yard”–heehee! Congrats on springing into spring.

love that cover

I wish I could use it as the actual cover, (it’s not for commercial use – Pulp-O-Mizer says so) but something along these lines would be supercalifragilisticexpalidocious!!!! 😀

5. Kris says:

Glad you are feeling better. Winter is creeping up on us, so I am dredging the last out of every autumn day. Take care.

Autumn days are to be savoured. It’s probably my favourite season … closely followed by Winter, which sadly didn’t really make an appearance in our part of Canada this year.

6. Kris says:

If I try to “like” your posts, a second, smaller window opens up very briefly and then disappears. Damn. Might be the window to a parallel world, though. If only I can get through quickly…

7. K. Renae P. says:

I’d love to know more about that cajun seasoning.

That Le Gouffre video was pretty freaking awesome.

I’m going to do a couple of posts on requested recipes … stay tuned. 🙂

… I shed a few tears at the end of the movie. There’s a little ‘making of’ featurette that’s fun to watch, if you follow the links on the video too

8. jmmcdowell says:

We had a few glorious days of sun, too, and now today is gray and rainy. Sigh. And the thought of fresh-baked bread is so tempting…. If only I hadn’t wrenched my back on Saturday. But maybe next weekend…. 🙂

OUCH!!!! … hope you and your back are, ahem, back on your feet soon.

After we had those couple of days of sun, I made the mistake of commenting that that was Summer and Autumn would be upon us any minute now … the temperature dropped and it’s rainy and cold! I guess someone heard me!!! 😀

Those cajum-type veggies sound good! I live where it is sunny most of the time, so I get excited for rain. I expect after a long visit from rain, I’d be anxious to see it go away, too 🙂