The Eyes Have It

Well … its really only my right eye. Iritis is its name,  and it’s a real bugger for a writer (or anyone) to get.

My eye looked like I’d been on a bender for a solid month until I started putting all sorts of drops in it.

It’s an interesting exercise walking through life with one eye completely dilated.

This is why I haven’t been around much lately, but I’m hoping that by next week, all will be well, and I’ll have two irises the same size.

“Let every eye negotiate for itself” – (Claudio) – William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing (II, i, 178)

28 comments on “The Eyes Have It

1. I know what that’s like, and it ain’t fun!!! Get better quick!

That sounds like an annoying problem. I hope you are better soon!

3. Hoping you’re seeing better soon!

4. Oh, dear, Widdershins, get well soon!

5. I love the illustration of the eye. Did you do that? Have you tried dictating your work with Dragon Naturally Speaking. Or use the voice recording in the accessories part of your programs on your computer. You could record your ideas now and type them out later. If you use Dragon, it’ll type them out for you.
    Just an idea.

May you get better soon, really soon, I mean quick.

Never Give Up
    Joan Y. Edwards

6. celiaboop says:

I hope it clears up Widder. I’m dealing with weeping in my eyes now. But at least I can still work. I hope you are giving it the proper rest. Looking forward to reading more of your blogs!

Hope it clears up soon!

8. I’m pleased to tell you that I have just nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. You may choose to accept or not. If you do accept the award there are some rules . . .

▪ Thank the blogger who nominated you
    ▪ Place the award on your site.
    ▪ Share 7 random things about yourself.
    ▪ Nominate 15 blogs. Let them know they’ve been nominated and how to accept the award.

Thank you always for a great (and inspiring!) blog. MM

9. clarbojahn says:

Eyes are very important and I’m so sorry to hear about your iritis.

But glad you are making lemonade. take care,

Hope your eye is better now! Or on the way to recovery. >:-(

It is better, not bestest yet … mostly because my eye hasn’t refocused properly. I’m hoping it will with time, otherwise it’s off to the optometrist for me.

• Dear Widdershins,
        I have heard that if you talk about your eye problems like it was in the past, it helps your body to heal.
        I had problems with my eye. My eye is healing.
        I am praying for a full recovery very soon. The world needs your writing.

Never Give Up
        Joan Y. Edwards

I have a similar spiritual belief system … based on the ‘cornucopia’ or ‘Horn of Plenty’ … where all things exist. We have to figure out how to draw them to us – not an easy task – and believe that we deserve them – also not an easy task.

Thanks for dropping by 😀

11. Widder, you are now officially tagged in the blog hop, “The Next Big Thing.” You can check out the questions that are due next Wednesday (Halloween!) on my blog here: 🙂