Where Did My Beach Go?

Before:

… misty mountains … a bit soggy, but romantic.

After:

… more rain … and snow-melting further up the valley.

Brutus:

“There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures”

William Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, Act 4, scene 3

14 comments on “Where Did My Beach Go?

‘Tis in’it? … mind you, the bridge off the island is considerably lower than the rest of the road, (A serious design flaw, wouldn’t you agree?) so we’re constructing our what-to-take-if-we’re-evacuated list. Also thinking of constructing a raft!

Thanks 🙂 … I’ll definitely be trying the self-publishing route. Getting ‘Mortal Instinct’ published has taught me so much, including what questions to ask. The aftershocks from the move are settling and I feel like I can, at last, get my focus back on my writing.

1. clarbojahn says:

That’s beautiful , widder. Are you serious in trouble if it floods more?
    you do live in a rainy place, right?

So are you going to have goals now? tell me how to stick to them?

Beach or no beach, it’s beautiful…as long as it doesn’t go over that little wall!

neat! Dare I say neat-o!

Isn’t it!!!! … and the levels have dropped a bit more, which for a lake this size is a huge chunk of water. (water comes in chunks, I’m sure of it) When it finally does start to warm up and melt the generous snow pack higher up in the mountains, I reckon we’ll survive that too. … sheesh, just looked out my window. Bluejays and robins hanging out on the lawn, and MORE rain falling!

4. pattyabr says:

Wow nice pictures and what a contrast. Awesome. What is the location?