But first, a word on such things.
When I first began to engage with the interwebz, waaaay back last century, a certain sort of forwarded email was all the rage. The kind where you have to send the email to four (or 10, or whatever) of your friends within the next half hour, and then something wonderful will happen to you. I only bought it once, oh very well, a couple’a times, and then realised there might be a few possible outcomes. 1 – there could be some nefarious code embedded in the emails and I was unwittingly spreading a virus. 2 – I could send out a hundred ‘forwards’ and no ‘wonderfuls’ would happen. 3 – I’d seriously annoy my friends. 4 – I would become known as an easy mark and gazillions of these things would overwhelm my inbox.
So I made it known that, although I appreciated the sentiment, I wasn’t going to pass anything on, for the above mentioned reasons.
Then I started blogging, the reading and writing thereof, and came across the ‘list of questions-to-answer-and-pass-on-to four (or 10, or whatever) of your Frogs for them to do the same with. I initially reacted the same as I had to the email tag games, then I thought about it a bit. This was a novel way to get to know a bit more about my Frogs. (assuming the questions were designed that way, and not just a ‘I’m-passing-this-on-because-that’s-what-everyone-else-is-doing’ kinda thing)
Still, the ‘pass it on’ aspect of the whole thing doesn’t sit well with me, so in the spirit of adding a couple of degrees of separation, I’m going to answer Nisha’s questions, and then pose a few of my own for any of the readers of this blog to answer, either in the comments section here, or in their own way out there on the interwebz.
1. If you attended Hogwarts, which house would you belong to, Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Slytherin?
A – Ravenclaw – they’re such an interesting bunch.
2. I prefer Twitter to Facebook. Agree or Disagree?
A – No
3. Romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant or staying in with pizza and a movie?
A – Yes
4. If you were forced to marry ONE of the following men, who would you choose and why: Ebenezer Scrooge, Severus Snape or Heathcliff? And for the men, who would you marry: Dolores Umbridge, Madame Bovary or Lindsay Lohan?
A – Erm, lesbian here. Pass. Interesting shape of the two parts of this question. The first part for the women is about being forced to marry someone, and the one for the guys is about choice.
5. Chocolate: white, milk or dark?
A – White
6. Favourite Horror movie?
A – Didn’t watch them until a little while ago when I watched “Resident Evil‘ on DVD. Loved Milla Jovovich kicking some zombie butt. But why does Michelle Rodriguez keep getting killed off in action flicks? I’m looking at you James Cameron.
7. If your personality were a colour, what colour would it be?
A – Blue
8. What famous mystery would you most like to know the answer to? (Eg. The identity of Jack The Ripper or whether OJ was guilty.)
A – What really happened to Atlantis.
9. If you were about to be executed(God forbid!) what would you choose as your last meal?
A – The same as what is served at the Captain’s Table during the first human piloted mission to Mars. I reckon I’d live a good long life while I waited.
10. Favourite CSI show: Las Vegas Original, New York or Miami?
A – In the beginning, Las Vegas, but after the romance wore off, I watched New York.
11. There are too many reality shows on TV. Agree or disagree?
A – Waaaaaaay too many. To the detriment of really good scripted ones with, ya know, real actors in them
My questions, if you choose to accept this mission. There are only a few.
1 – What public legacy (excluding happy healthy children) would you like to live on after you’ve left this mortal coil?
2 – What is the one thing you fear you’ll never accomplish?
3 – You’re lost. No-one is coming to find you. What do you do?
4 – Which insect, and why?
“To be or not to be is not a question of compromise. Either you be or you don’t be” – Golda Meir, fourth Prime Minister of Israel (Now we know where Yoda got, “Do or Do not! There is no try”)