No More One More Time’s-es

It’s done, finished.

No more re-reads, no more tweaking. No more, ‘it’s ok, I can fix that later’. No more second chances.

My favourite phrase: ‘fierce embrace’. I came across at least five in the last edit that I’d missed in all the others. Sheesh!!!

Best tip I can pass on: Format your MS using a serif font, large size, and justify the text. This approximates how it will look on a page. You’d be surprised at how many bloopers you’ll find. I was.

“I don’t write for an audience. I don’t think whether my book will sell, I don’t sell it before writing it” – Ann Patchett

P.S. WordPress is having a hissy fit and won’t allow me to directly link Ann’s homepage, hence her address after her name. If anyone has any clues as to how fix this please leave me a comment.

Widder

14 comments on “No More One More Time’s-es

1. It must feel fantastic to know you are finished editing! Are you publishing to print or ebook or both?

Hi and Welcome Mermaid … both … the ebook will be out on 7th September and the print version will be available about a week later … and yep it sure is a good feeling!

2. Dana says:

Yay! One step closer……

Thanks for dropping by Dana … one more step to go … and then it REALLY gets interesting!!! … and virgin territory all.
      I’m tempted to burst out in that wonderful song from ‘Sweet Charity’ I think it was, by Shirley MacLaine “If they could see me now” 🙂

3. Lisa says:

Congrats! We are so happy for you. We will be picking up the print edition for sure:)

I’m glad you made it through the edits. I’m sure the week will just fly by 🙂

5. s.p.bowers says:

I think as an author I could always find something that needs fixing. We just have to know when enough is enough.

Congrats on being done. It must be exhilarating.

Sadly some authors fall on either side of that wonderful mean. One of my favourite quotes is from ‘The Gambler’. The ‘gotta know when to walk away’ one … Thanks for the congrats. ‘Tis exhilarating indeed!

6. Mara says:

Congrats!

One more day!! (For me, that is, cause I’m gonna ebook that sucker.)