A bit of fun

On her blog today, Kyrosmagica discovered she writes like Stephen King!

I apparently write like Dan Brown, Cory Doctorow, Vladimir Nabokov, and Mark Twain, depending on which story I offered up a sample of.

Go ahead, give it a try.

About these ads

17 comments on “A bit of fun

1. krisalex333 says:

Seriously?! Then your and my writing should be very similar, as I got offered the same authors! A nice way of discovering new authors, though! :)

2. Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk, Cory Doctorow, Kurt Vonnegut, and James Joyce came up for my samples. I’ve only read works by Vonnegut. May be time to expand my horizons. I wonder if there are any women authors in that database.

3. Olga Godim says:

I write like Oscar Wilde.

This is entertaining! I offered up a bit of my last three stories I’ve posted. Interesting, in one of them, depending on what portion of the story I submitted, I wrote like Dan Brown or Gertrude Stein. It also came back with Jack London and William Gibson on two other stories.

5. jmmcdowell says:

I tried that, too, and for different sections of one WIP I got Ernest Hemingway, Raymond Chandler, Dan Brown, and Anne Rice. Some mega-sales writers there, but I really can’t see the similarities! :)

6. Widdershins says:

It’d be fascinating to get inside their algorithms … also glad to see more women writers showing up.

7. eclecticalli says:

Douglas Adams, Leo Tolstoy, Daniel Defoe, Neil Gaiman and Rudyard Kipling….
    I decided to test it out some too, and found the Kipling does register as writing like Kipling… though Victor Hugo writes like Mario Puzo… Think I could waste a lot of time testing out what other authors write like :)

8. Fun. My results are all over the place, though. Arthur C. Clarke, Ray Bradbury, Mario Puzo, James Joyce and Ursula Le Guin — the last four all for the same book, Yseult.

I did notice, however, anything with Irish associations seemed to come up as James Joyce, whereas other sections of the book came up with completely different results.

Heh, heh … I tried that with a couple of pieces from the same story. Different authors, both times . . . I guess that just proves we’re the sum of all authors who have gone before! :D

9. Reblogged this on Ruth Nestvold – Indie Adventures and commented:

I write likeUrsula K. Le GuinI Write Like. Analyze your writing!

Fun writing game on Widdershin’s blog. (Of course, I had to try a few different excerpts until I got the results I wanted …)

Comments are closed.