Waltzing in a Widder Wonderland

We recently had our second dose of snow here on Widder Island. The Fraser River, that our lake runs into, had its own winter adventure, and so rather than do a 2013 retrospective (because by now we all know how I feel about 2013) I decided to post a few pictures of one of my favourite things … SNOW!

Have a Happy New Year everyone. I’ll see you all in 2014.

The lake froze over, small persons were skating on it, and then it snowed

The lake froze over, small persons were skating on it, and then it snowed

The main road off the island

The main road off the island

Ice floes on the Fraser River

Ice floes on the Fraser River

About these ads

22 comments on “Waltzing in a Widder Wonderland

1. The photos are beautiful! Almost enough to make me like snow!

Beautiful pictures!

Happy New Year, Widder! May your 2014 be blessed beyond your most hopeful dreams.

3. I think of you like a puppy out in the snow, running and rolling and wondering. :-) Our friend has a foal born this summer. I was disappointed to miss her first run in with the white stuff.

May 2014 make up for her lousy kin and be everything you could hope!

Lovely image. :D I do put on my snow boots and stomp pattern in the fresh stuff …and we only had 15 centimeters or so. I’m not sure what I’d do if there were meters of the stuff! … yes I do … PLAY!!!!!

4. clarbojahn says:

BBrRR! looks cold.
    Happy New Year!! :)

Gorgeous photos! Yeah, I think we know what you thought of 2013 – 2014 has to better, right?! Hope you have a stellar new year :)

6. Wow, beautiful photos, widder!
    Happy New Year and thanks for all the great reading.

7. W. R. Woolf says:

Happy new year!
    Lovely photos. Is the first one two photos edited into one?

8. Beautiful! A wondrous 2014 to you and the Missus!

9. Diana Beebe says:

Gorgeous pictures! Looking at them just adds to how cold I feel. It was 10 below freezing here today. Thank goodness we didn’t get any snow or ice. Yes, I freely admit that I’m a cold-weather wimp!

Stay warm!

10. Isn’t it freaky when rivers freeze over? We are finally thawing out here, thank goodness. Me and cold do not get along.