200

A Room With a View

Autumn Equinox is almost upon us, and here in North America we will ‘officially’ change seasons. Out with Summer and in with Fall.

I, for one, will not be sad to see the last of these summer days. Apart from the year I spent recovering from my motorbike accident waaaay back in 1983, this summer has been the hardest, physically, I’ve ever had. I only touched on the high-low-lights in my post, ‘X’ factors, but you get the idea.

I’m thankful for our portable air conditioner, a family doctor with a sense of humour that matches mine, technological advances in the treatment of all sorts of ailments, the wisdom of hegdewives and their herbs, and the infinite patience and love of Mrs Widders and Widdercat. (both of whom knew when to hug and when to bug off)

Thanks also, to you who take the time to read my words here, for your kind thoughts, comments and emails. Never doubt the strength of a kind word.

I know my posts have been a bit thin on the ground this last while, but there’s a wind blowing down from the North bringing with it a renewal of my energies. I’m looking forward to posting regularly again … and …

… this is my 200th post!

An excellent reason to aim for another 200.

Party Hats

“Silent gratitude isn’t very much to anyone”Gertrude Stein

About these ads

18 comments on “200

1. Congrats on reaching 200! And, more importantly, on surviving your summer. I’m glad you’ve had plenty of love and care, and hope the change of season blows an extra share of wonder into your life.

This changing of seasons is wondrous, that’s for sure. The summer days trundle along, and then suddenly, it seems, the nights are noticeably cooler, the sun lower in the sky, and it’s time to take the blankets out of the closet and air them for the coming season. Winter has always been my season, and I’m sooooo ready for this one!

2. mikerol says:

A glorious Spring and Summer in Seattle is coming to a glorious last day right on schedule the autumn rain start tomorrow night. Best summer in 20 years.

Hiya Mike … glad to hear you had a great one … I’m hoping I’ll feel better about this one by … maybe, by winter’s end.
      Take care
      Widder

• mikerol says:

In 1994 I arrived in Seattle in June, via a huge rainstorm in a most depressing Hoquiam/ Gray’s Harbor on the coast (Kurt Cobain country!!!) and when I got to Seattle the next morning the sun was up and it was until the end of October, and everything on the eastern side of the Cascades went up in smoke, then it rained a little, but December and January were entirely mild, and everything bloomed as it does here in April/ May, and methunks “what are people talking about the weather in Seattle?’ Well, it was a one every 25 year event, a Chinook Winter is the name of it! There have been some very grim one since, the worst was when an icepick decided to hit us straight from the North Pole for about ten days straight – I don’t know whether the natives have a name for it, but mine is “killer icicle.” all this has made for some fine long weather poems, imprecations to the jet stream. x m.r

3. Melodie says:

look forward to reading more wisdom :)

Whoo-hoo – congrats on 200! You have had a hard year, so I hope the change of season does you good! Living in the desert for so long, I’ve come to love Autumn…that’s when temps cooled down enough in the evenings to be outside for more than ten minutes without sweating :)

5. Hurrah to #200! Hurrah! Glad to hear you’re mending well. :-)

6. szegerton says:

I’m grateful for seasons, and love each in its own way. Autumn is exciting not only for the gorgeousness of its flamboyant decay, but it’s also the start of the academic year – I can almost smell the chalk dust and industrial polish! I’m doing a challenging course (part time) at Glasgow Uni and can’t wait. Have a great back half of 2013 yourself, Widdershins, and all the comfort and support you deserve.

The other side of widderlake is very steep and covered with a wonderful mix of evergreens and deciduous trees. Watching daily changes is one of the most peaceful and inspiring things ever.

Thanks for the good wishes, Suzanne :D

Congrats on 200 posts. I’m looking forward to the next 200, and the 200 after that.

I had one of those summers, once, and yes, seeing the end of it is a freeing thing.

8. Have a wonderful autumn, Widdershins! I hope it brings you contentment and much better health.

And congrats on 200! :)