Conundrum

A funny thing happened the other day …

But first, the biopsy results are in and it looks like I dodged a bullet. The cancer cells were merely using my thyroid as a staging area. An invasion of my lymphatic system was immanent – which has now been terminated with extreme prejudice. One or two cells may have escaped into the hills, but rest assured we will flush the little buggers out and nuke ‘em.

… back to the funny thing. I’ve been following Susieee Mac’s blog, ‘Don’t be a Hippie … Then and Now’  for a long while. As usual, every time she posts something, I get an email, click on the link and away I read.

Not this time. Google Chrome kept telling me it couldn’t find her. I knew it was lying because I could search for her and she came up on the top of the list every time, but when I clicked on a link, GC (Google Chrome) closed its eyes tight and reiterated that Susie DID NOT EXIST!

I emailed Susieee and asked if she had recently taken on a non-corporeal existence. She checked all the corners of her mama’s wonderful jungle garden and emailed me back to affirm that she was indeed, still-corporeal. What’s more, everyone else on the planet agreed with her – except my GC.

I cleared my cache, rerouted my router, modulated my modem, changed search engines, tried the link on the two other computers in the house, consulted computer clouds, talked to techies – nothing worked.

It is a puzzlement, a paradox, a conundrum, an illogicality, an enigma.

Has anyone else had something like this happen?

‘For me, writing a novel is like solving a puzzle. But I don’t intend my novels as puzzles. I intend them as invitations to dance’ Mohsin Hamid, writer.

About these ads

20 comments on “Conundrum

Great news on the cancer cells! Glad to hear they have been (or will soon be) obliterated. My husband has had thyroid problems in the past, and recently started having trouble again. Must be something with thyroids right now :)

That Google Chrome thing is weird – never heard of that before. I hope GC allows her to return to the land of the digital.

Thanks Janna.

. . . the truly perplexing thing is that it’s only in our house, and only that one URL.

P.S. Get hubbs thyroid checked. It’s scary to think that if just a bit more time had passed I’d’ve been facing a far more serious prognosis.

2. Melodie says:

That is absolutely fantastic news :)

3. The best news is that the buggers are gone!

4. catdownunder says:

Purring loudly! :)

5. Wonderful news! So glad to hear it!

The internet can certainly be wonky at times, but no, have never had anything quite like that happen. :)

Thanks

… yes, it’s quite the mystery … Susiee and I are hoping to alchemicalise this into fame and fortune, or at least a spot on ‘Ellen’!

Hooray for the great news!

No idea what to do about Chrome’s problem.

7. Monica says:

Great news!!!! When’s the cell nuking happening? I’ve had all manner of weird things happen with google – and I’ve never known how to fix them… :)

8. Sometimes Chrome just gets its hate on. Great news about the cancer cells. Death to the little bastards!

9. Dear Widdershins,
    Usually when that happens to me, it’s because a stray letter from the alphabet has attached itself to the link. If you can’t get the exact blog post, try for the regular .com address. That may work, then you can click on the link.
    Praise to God for your healing! Thank you, God.

10. W. R. Woolf says:

Congratulations on your great victory!
    May Google Crome also succumb to your might :)

I use Goggle Crome too and your link to “Don’t be a Hippie” worked fine for me… Strange …